The View hosts split on whether Meghan and Harry did Netflix doc for money

Britain Royals
FILE _ Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry meet members of the public at Windsor Castle, following the death of Queen Elizabeth II on Thursday, in Windsor, England, Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022. Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, are expected to vent their grievances against the monarchy when Netflix releases the final episodes of a series about the couple’s decision to step away from royal duties and make a new start in America. (Kirsty O’Connor/Pool Photo via AP, File) Kirsty O’Connor/AP

The View hosts split on whether Meghan and Harry did Netflix doc for money

Video Embed

The hosts of The View were split on their opinions of Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex’s Netflix documentary series Thursday, particularly on whether the royal couple did the documentary for money.

Co-hosts Sara Haines and Sunny Hostin claimed the couple had created the documentary to “tell their narrative” about life in the royal family, supporting the couple’s comments in the first episode. But co-host Joy Behar pointed out the steep $100 million price tag and the fact that Harry often shied away from media attention.

IN NETFLIX’S HARRY & MEGHAN, MEGHAN MARKLE WANTS TO BE SMART BUT PLAYS DUMB

“You would think after his mother was basically a victim of the paparazzi and all of the attention she got all over the place that he would shy away from all of that,” Behar said, referring to the death of the late Princess Diana.

But Haines defended the couple’s narrative of telling their side of the story.

“Yeah, for a nice cool $100 million, yeah,” Behar replied.

The View hosts discuss Harry and Meghan documentary

The hosts primarily agreed that the couple had been bullied by the royal family, though conservative co-host Alyssa Farah Griffin predicted that the couple would come to regret airing their problems with the family so publicly.

“I’m estranged from people in my family. It’s the most painful thing you can experience. Keep that between family,” Griffin said. “I think they’re going to regret airing too much of the family grievances.”

The final three episodes of the six-part documentary series were released Thursday, one week after the first three episodes were dropped. In the six-hour series, the couple alleges there was “unconscious bias” in the royal family, claims that Harry’s brother, Prince William, allowed his press office to purposely plant negative stories about him and Meghan in the press, and alleges they were bullied out of the royal family by William.

The documentary was strongly criticized by other media commentators and royal experts, including those who previously rooted for the controversial couple.

“Harry and Meghan said all along they wanted to tell their story … but this does sound very dicey,” CBS host Gayle King said Thursday despite being friends with the couple. King appeared in the series briefly at Meghan’s baby shower.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER

The documentary series is the latest in a string of projects for the couple, which is financially independent of the royal family after stepping away from royal duties. Meghan has recently completed a podcast series on Spotify, and Harry will release a new book titled Spare in January.

© 2022 Washington Examiner

Related articles

Share article

Latest articles