Take two: Elon Musk promises release of more Hunter Biden info after lackluster first dump

pjimage (28).jpg
From left to right: Elon Musk and Hunter Biden. (AP Photos)

Take two: Elon Musk promises release of more Hunter Biden info after lackluster first dump

Video Embed

Twitter CEO and billionaire Elon Musk teased a second release of never-before-seen information regarding the social media platform’s decision to suppress news stories about Hunter Biden’s laptop in October 2020 after a lackluster dump on Friday left some users unsatisfied.

“Tune in for Episode 2 of The Twitter Files tomorrow!” Musk tweeted Friday night.

Journalist Matt Taibbi released the so-called Twitter files Friday night, showing the social media platform had mulled requests from political groups seeking to keep the story about Biden’s laptop hidden. Taibbi shared screenshots of internal conversations between Twitter employees showing certain posts that had been flagged by members of the Biden administration or the Democratic National Committee.

WATCH: ELON MUSK’S HUNTER BIDEN ‘TWITTER FILES’ ARE NOT A ‘SMOKING GUN,’ NEW YORK POST REPORTER SAYS

However, the much-anticipated release of the files was seemingly disappointing as it didn’t reveal much beyond what was already known.

The files showed that the social media company had taken “extraordinary steps” to keep the article suppressed, including by removing links and issuing warnings that its contents may be “unsafe,” according to Taibbi. The platform even went so far as to block users from sending the link to other users via direct message.

However, he found there was no evidence showing the government was involved in censoring the story, noting that decision was made at “the highest levels of the company, but without the knowledge of CEO Jack Dorsey.”

That finding was disputed by some conservative journalists who surmised Musk was holding back information.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER

“I feel that Elon Musk has held back some material,” Miranda Devine, a reporter for the New York Post who has written extensively about the Hunter Biden laptop controversy, told Tucker Carlson on Fox News. “Is he holding something back, or is it just that Facebook really was first out of the blocks to censor the New York Post and Twitter followed suit? So I don’t know. I suspect that Elon Musk has been leaned on, and he’s kept a little bit of information in reserve.”

It’s unclear whether Musk’s decision to release more files is in response to claims that he is withholding information, nor is it clear when the second information dump will take place.

© 2022 Washington Examiner

Related articles

Share article

Latest articles