The owners of the puppy brought the pet to firefighters in Coldwater, Michigan, after she overdosed, according to a Nov. 19 Facebook post by Coldwater Firefighters Local 2555.
“The puppies name is Whip and she got into a fentanyl patch and overdosed,” the post read.
“The owners where able to bring her do us and we administered two doses of Naloxone (Narcan).”
At least two doses of naloxone were used, according to a report.
“She will be monitored until her follow up with her veterinarian,” according to the post.